Ordering Replacement plates online
Did you know you can order Replacement plates online?
Ordering your damaged or lost plates online is the quickest and easiest way to order replacement number plates. Please note, replacement of stolen General Issue plates will not be issued, a new combination will need to be assigned to the vehicle for the appropriate fee.
What you need when ordering.
To order your replacement number plates, whether they are customised or General Issue plates, please make sure you have the following details available:
- The combination for which you are the registered owner;
- Your Victorian licence number; and
- Your full name as it appears on your licence.
Please be aware that orders can only be submitted online for combinations registered under a person's name and Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard) is the only form of payment accepted.
If you are wanting to puchase a replacement trailer plate or a replacement plate under a company name you must call VicRoads on 1300 660 417, between 8:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday, 8:30am-2:00pm Saturday or visit a Customer Service Centre 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday.
How to order your replacement plate
To order yours, simply follow the steps below:
- Click on the 'Order Now' button below.
- Go to 'Create a plate' and select 'Order a replacement plate'
- Choose the plate you wish to replace. For example: if you are ordering a replacement of your existing General Issue combination you would select 'Order General Issue Plates' as per below.
- Continue to follow the prompts to complete your replacement order.