Plates we won't issue
There are a few (we think pretty reasonable) reasons why we might reject your number plate application.
While we enjoy having a good time, being responsible, safe and considerate to other road users is something we take very seriously. Plates containing offensive language, anti-social values or a negative road safety message will be unacceptable.
We will not issue plates which:
- Use inappropriate language;
- Make inappropriate racial, religious, sexual, physical or mental health references;
- Contain a poor Road Safety message;
- Makes reference to violence;
- Prohibited by "The Defence (Prohibited Words and Letters) Amendment Regulations 2000 and The War Precautions ACT Repeal ACT 1920";
- Misrepresents affiliation with an authoritative body or agency (Commonwealth, State or Territory):
- Shows disrespect to the law, law enforcement or law enforcers;
- Contains a reference to towing or the word "TOW";
- Contains a reference to terrorist organisations; or
- May be mistaken for another number.
Please note that VicRoads has the right to make decisions about the suitability of a plate combination.
All this information is contained (in legal jargon) amongst our Terms and Conditions and in FAQs'.